0338 100 601 Call us for a friendly WEEE disposal
- GreenWEEE opens the second plant for the recycling of electrical and electronic waste and modernize and enlarge the capacity existing at Buzau
- The smart collection stations, SIGUREC, released for the first time in Bucharest
- Smart collection and support for social causes have a common denominator called SIGUREC.
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Appliances Treatment
- large refrigerators;
- other big appliance used for refrigeration, preserving and storing of the food;
- air conditioning appliances.
- fractions of plastic, ferrous and non- ferrous metals, pellets of polyurethane foam, glass, wood, oil, freon, cyclopentane, etc.
- The line’s treatment capacity: 50-55 units / hour.
Some big components and the electrical cables are dismantled using professional tools.
Step I – Draining
The freon and the oil are extracted from the moto-compressor. They are collected separately in storing tanks and then sent to GreenWEEE’s partners for freon recycling.
Dismantling of compressors and cooling circuits
The refrigerating equipment is further shredded in two stages, in rooms that are fully insulated and have controlled atmosphere.
The resulted fractions are then separated using the following methods:
a) magnetic separation: for ferrous fractions
b) absorption separation: for polyurethane (PUR) foam
c) inductive separation: non-ferrous metallic fractions (ex: aluminum, copper) and non-metallic fractions (ex. plastic, wood, rubber, etc.).
PUR foam fractions treatment
Polyurethane foam fractions are further pressed in pellets, extracting, at the same time, the Freon. The pellets are then sent to incinerators and used for their energetic value.
2/3 of the freon contained by a refrigerator are found in the PUR foam. By incinerating the pellets resulted from fridges treatment we ensure a maximum level of protection for environment.